Press Brake Operative
CNC Break Press Operator
Salary £25,000 - £27,000 DOE + Overtime available
Hours of Work:
- Monday to Thursday: 06:00 am to 14:30 pm (lunch, 30 minutes unpaid)
- Friday: 06:00 am – 11:00 pm
- 25 Days holiday; a combination of floating days and compulsory factory shutdown over the Christmas period.
- All bank holidays.
Reporting to the section leader as part of the Fabrication team, you will serve as a CNC Break Press Setter Operator Programmer. Proficiency in operating a Baykal Break Press using Delem software and a CNC Punch Press Setter Operator with experience in setting and operating punch presses, specifically using a Parma 1212, will be essential to your role.
Daily Duties include but are not limited to:
- Measure and examine completed work to verify conformance to specifications.
- Ensure all tasks are completed within agreed (quoted) time frames or better.
- Operate manual machine tools when required.
- Keep machines tidy and well-maintained, undertaking maintenance as needed.
- Share industry knowledge and provide training.
- Display flexibility to work in other departments and overtime as necessary.
- Liaise with the design team and contribute to new designs.
- Work from drawings without supervision.
- Report drawing errors.
Experience and Qualifications required:
- Proven knowledge and experience in Industrial Fabrication.
- Minimum 5 years of industry exposure.
- Knowledge of metal finishing techniques.
- Ability to read and interpret detailed engineering drawings and work instructions.
- Proficient in CNC break press setting, operating, and programming.
- Experience with Baykal break press using Delem software.
- Proficient in CNC punch press setting and operating, specifically using a Parma 1212.
- Experience with hand measurement tools such as Verniers, Micrometers, etc.
- Customer and results-focused, with integrity and a proven team-player.
- Experience with Fanuc software when using the punch.
Apply now or email email@example.com
Location: Birmingham | Salary: 25000 - 27500 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 30/11/2023