Electrical mechanical fitter - Ex Military
You will be flexible and be prepared to work the hours required in a demanding and busy 24/7 service orientated environment
• Participate in call out rota as required
• You will be used to working on site in addition to the workshop when required (Site working experience is a distinct advantage and suitable qualifications such as CCNSG passport is preferable)
• Health & safety will be at the forefront of everything you do
• You will be happy working with a team as well as working on your own initiative
About the role
You will carry out Repairs to all types of industrial equipment including AC and DC motors, Motorised Gearboxes, Gearbox’s, Pumps, Fan units and other associated rotating equipment
• You will have the ability to fault find and identify and rectify defects and worn / damaged components
• Have as a minimum basic electrical testing capability to assess electrical condition of AC & DC components
• Have sound mechanical engineering knowledge to identify and rectify faulty and worn / damaged components and understand reclamation techniques and reverse engineering options
• Pump experience namely hot oil, water, also basic hydraulic knowledge.
By joining you’ll be part of something special.
Being part of something special means more than just the work you do. It's the great people you work with, the support you receive from your managers, and the specialism that is at the core of everything we do.
Whether it’s development that is built around you and your career goals or the opportunity to be part of something much bigger than the team you join, it’s all here for you.
What are you waiting for? We can’t do it without you!
And if that wasn't enough to pique your interest, we also offer a very competitive salary and a range of benefits including:
- 25 days plus bank holidays annual holiday entitlement
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Up to 1 day’s paid leave to concentrate on your wellbeing
- A full integrated Employee Assistance Programme including a 24/7 helpline for emotional and practical support, as well as financial and legal support including:
- Unlimited mental health support from qualified mental healthcare professionals
- 24/7, unlimited remote GP appointments – so you can get fast access to a doctor at a time convenient to you
- Six 1-2-1 nutritional video consultations per year
- Six 1-2-1 digitally delivered personal training sessions per year
- 360 Wellbeing Score — take just four short assessments to get your score and unlock six 1-2-1 lifestyle coaching sessions per year
- Physiotherapy — eight sessions a year shared between you and your partner
- Medical second opinions
- Savings and discounts for savings on weekly costs
- On-demand wellness content, plus our Wellbeing Calendar, which is packed with podcasts, articles, webinars and more to help manage your wellbeing
- Company Sick Pay from day 1
- Group Income Protection – after a period of sickness absence
- Long service recognition
- Free unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning
- Free Branded workwear
- Free Eye tests
Location: Southampton | Salary: 32500 - 35000 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 23/01/2024