Quality Inspector - 4 day working week
Our Client specialises in the Manufacture of Composites, metallics, assembly and treatments facility specialising in total Aero Structures Solutions.
The Quality Inspector has responsibility for ensuring that parts and processes comply with all customer, third party and regulatory requirements and for upholding the relevant strategies and objectives defined by the Quality department.
- Carry out first off, FAIRS and batch inspections on a daily basis.
- Ensure all non-conforming work is segregated and clearly identified and reported to MRB via the NCR process.
- Provide reports to managers on elements, which adversely affect the Quality System.
- Ensure all documentation and calibration of equipment is current and correct.
- Ensure that all inspection standards, as agreed with customers specifications, are carried out effectively, both prior to processing and at the inspection/despatch stage.
- Provide assistance with technical disputes with other department managers and operators.
- Ensure full compliance of the Company quality system with the requirements of our international standards ISO 9001: 2008 & AS9100 and in line with customer approvals.
- Help in identifying continuous improvement techniques to aid in achieving department/ business objectives
- Support system improvement project teams to ensure product flow is maintained and best practices are instigated.
- Uphold processes that assure the effective Health, Safety and Environmental best practices as defined by the e HSE Management System.
- Any other duties as are assigned from time to time that are commensurate with the level of the role
Using an MRP/ERP system at an Inspection level (Epicor, SAP, Sage etc)
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Ability to understand and correctly interpret drawings
Knowledge of manufacturing methods, quality system design and documentation
Location: Darwen | Salary: 22500 - 23000 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 05/08/2022