Labourer - Morning Shift
Our client has vacancies for full time Operatives at our sites in Bodmin working 0600 to 1400 shift.
As an Operative at one of our client sites, you’ll be essential to the success of the business.
Your role will be to work in a team to produce large, timber engineered products to fulfil our customers’ orders.
In this role, you’ll ensure customers receive their products manufactured to an outstanding quality. You’ll put safety above all else, work well in a team and be enthusiastic about your work.
No experience is required, as full training will be provided, but there are some skills and attributes we look for in suitable candidates:
- Great communication skills
- Willing to learn
- Flexible to work in different areas
- Excellent attention to detail
- Enjoy working within a team
- If you have a FLT licence, so much the better, although this is not a requirement
What will I be doing in the role?
Operatives are very important to the smooth running of the business. To support customers effectively you will:
- Work from drawings to produce large timber roof trusses, floor cassettes and other timber products
- Organise cut timber efficiently to maintain production needs
- Learn to operate different power and hand tools to produce goods
- Work in a team to assemble large timber products, such as spandrel panels, roof trusses and floor cassettes.
- Operate machinery to ensure accuracy in production of products
A full Health and Safety induction is provided as well as training on all machinery and tools.
Although initially a temporary contract, you will have the opportunity to become an employee of the company after 12 weeks. The company offer great benefits including enhanced maternity and paternity leave, generous holidays and access to High Street and leisure discounts, not to mention the opportunity for career progression.
Location: Bodmin | Salary: 9.65 per hour | Job type: Contract | Posted: 24/05/2022