Aerospace Estimator x2
Our client specialises in the manufacture and metallic structures for the Aerospace industry.
We currently have a permanent position for an Aerospace Estimator.
Summary of Role:
The Engineer (Composite) is responsible for estimating enquiries for aerospace structural components and assemblies primarily based around a composite structure and, if required, providing completed request for quotation summaries to customers, including but not limited to:
- Carbon Composites and Glass Fibre details and assemblies
- Understanding the detail of Composite assembly
- Flat and formed metallic details
- Metallic fabricated assemblies
- Routing and 5-axis machining of Carbon Composites, Glass Fibre and metallic sheet details
- Protective Treatments
- Metal to Metal bonding
- Interpretation of customer models, drawings, Bill of Materials and specifications including PowerPoint and schematic presentations/sketches as well as hard copy drawings.
- Identification of the processes required for each quotation such as lay-up, curing, machining, fabrication, assembly and protective treatments to enable accurate cost compilation
- Understand the process of Composite manufacturing fomo freezer to delivery
- Ensure the customer requirements are fully understood and the most cost effective solution is quoted.
- Liaison with suppliers to ascertain prices.
- Liaison with customers to clarify any details where necessary
- Preparation of accurate costs in terms of materials, labour etc.
- Ensure all enquiries and quotations produced are entered correctly in to the computer system
Health, safety and environment
- Uphold processes that assure the effective health, safety and environmental best practices
Location: Darwen | Salary: 35000 - 45000 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 04/05/2022