Fixed Plant Technician (Electrical)
Our client has a requirement for suitably qualified and experienced technicians to work within our Engineering Department, based at the ports of Avonmouth & Royal Portbury. This role is shift based with multiple positions available.
The role is to maintain large ship-to-shore cranes and fully automated bulk handling systems in order to maximise operation availability for ship loading/unloading activities.
The role will include the following activities:
- Complete planned and reactive maintenance work to the latest automation drive systems.
- Liaise with operations to prioritise rectification of unserviceable machinery using fault finding diagnostic methodologies and equipment; minimising reactive maintenance.
- Ensure completion of documentation including daily logs and maintenance work orders within the Company Computerised Maintenance System.
- Carry out duties with due care and attention, adhering to the companies standing Engineering Processes & Policies, Health & Safety Instructions and HSE regulations.
- Upholding the highest standards and practices in electrical work.
- Demonstrating commitment to multi-skilled activity and team work.
- Demonstrating an excellent attitude to our continuous improvement culture, bringing new ideas to the team to enable smarter working, rather than harder working!
You should also bring a flexible approach to working hours, with the ability to commit to a fixed and structured 12-hour shift pattern covering 7 days with additional paid overtime as required. The minimum qualification for the role is NVQ3 in a relevant discipline.
- Preferably qualified to HNC Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualification, or be a time served apprentice in a relevant trade.
- Previous experience working with PLCs, variable speed drives and associated LV control systems.
- Ability to fault find and problem solve using relevant methods and diagnostic equipment is essential.
- EngTech accredited.
A full driving licence and your own transport are essential.
In return, you can look forward to opportunities to progress your career within a dynamic family-orientated private company that looks after its people, and where no day is the same. We offer an excellent range of benefits including generous pension contribution, profit-related bonus pay, subsidised canteen and 25 days’ holiday a year.
Location: Bristol | Salary: 46000 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 03/09/2021