Regional operations manager
Job Title: Regional Operations Manager
Based at: Based in Operations & Engineering Function
Position reports to: Operations Director
Hours / Working Pattern: The basic contractual hours will be 37.5 hours per week, with an unpaid lunch break of half an hour. A flexible approach to working hours may be necessary for the proper performance of duties.
Job Purpose Summary: Lead and manage the cost-efficient operation of the Region, ensuring compliance with Engineering policies to achieve KPIs and operating standards related to Compliance, Customer Service, and Vehicle Operating Costs. Also, lead customer relationship building for delivering top-tier service to Customers.
- Adhere to statutory requirements regarding fire, health, safety, and hygiene.
- Participate in cross/multi-skilled training within the department or other departments as directed.
- Follow instructions from Managers or Directors.
- Maintain professional conduct with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to company dress code and safety regulations.
- Attend training sessions as requested.
Job Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Manage Regional RFE for rationalizing third-party providers.
- Act as the main operational contact for designated Fleet Management Contracts.
- Analyze and implement corrective measures for adverse performance against KPIs.
- Engage with stakeholders to establish optimum repairer coverage.
- Pursue warranty and policy/goodwill claims to completion.
- Manage manufacturers' recall requirements and vehicle in-service problems.
- Provide technical appraisal of vehicles and component failures.
- Manage vehicle maintenance costs within budget.
- Identify areas for continual improvement and develop solutions.
- Implement Engineering & H&S Policies.
- Ensure achievement of H&S standards.
- Participate in Engineering change management projects.
- Participate in tender response development.
- Drive Repair Dealer performance for required customer service delivery.
- Provide operational problem-solving solutions.
- Propose permanent continuous improvements for service enhancement.
- Control of Regional M & R Budget (Repair Dealer Network)
- Compliance: Slippage, MOT Pass rate, External Audit, CIC Process, H&S – RIDDOR, Documentation timeliness
- Customer: VOR, Elapsed time, Open MCO’s, Authorisations, Outstanding recharges, Breakdown % of fleet, Defects % of fleet
- Vehicle Operating Costs: Closing MCO’s, Monthly M & R, Asset Performance reviews, Tyres Spend
- Highly organized, capable of managing multiple work streams and meeting deadlines.
- Knowledgeable in commercial vehicle engineering or relevant qualifications.
- Experienced in managing a range of workforces.
- Cognitive reasoning ability, including verbal and numerical skills.
- Proven budgetary cost management experience.
- Strong communication, negotiation, influencing, and persuasion skills.
- Experience managing suppliers to agreed KPIs.
- Flexible attitude towards working hours.
- Proficient in computer literacy (Excel/Word/PowerPoint and other digital platforms).
- Holds a clean driving license.
Location: | Salary: 50000 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 17/11/2023