Job Title: Maintenance Controller
Based at: Coventry Head Office
Position Report To: Technical Maintenance Control Manager
Hours / Working Pattern: Any 5 from 7 shift pattern. The basic contractual hours will be 37.5 hours per week, with an unpaid lunch break of half an hour.
Job Purpose Summary: The primary focus of this role is to provide day-to-day cost-effective maintenance solutions aimed at achieving maximum cost reductions, vehicle availability, and quality.
- Adhere to all statutory requirements regarding fire, health, safety, and hygiene.
- Participate in cross/multi-skilled training within the department or other departments as directed.
- Carry out reasonable instructions from a Manager or Director.
- Maintain professional conduct with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to company dress code and safety regulations.
- Attend training sessions as required.
Job Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Collaborate with the Technical Maintenance Controller to deliver cost and service-effective maintenance solutions within budgets and agreed service KPIs.
- Work alongside the Technical Maintenance Control Team to ensure job completion.
- Escalate jobs above predefined authority limits.
- Ensure cost-effective maintenance solutions, checking history and warranty, and challenging work to meet cost and quality standards.
- Monitor and report on customer vehicle off-road (VOR) to minimize downtime.
- Check contracts for vehicle-specific collection/delivery entitlements.
- Manage recharges and necessary evidence for customer liaising.
- Challenge costs per Supplier Repairing Dealer (RDA) agreements.
- Control maintenance spend within set budgets.
- Assist Coordinators/Supplier Advisors within the Service Centre.
- Authorise repairs after checking vehicle history thoroughly.
- Source parts for repairers to minimize downtime.
- Resolve supplier issues in line with guidelines and maintain relationships.
- Collaborate with Regional Engineering Managers for unresolved issues.
- Control maintenance trends like warranty and component failure.
- Flag necessary credits from supplier/manufacturer failures.
- Manage vehicle downtime in line with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Accrue and code relevant costs for rechargeable work.
- Negotiation and communication skills.
- IT literacy for report generation in Tableau or Excel.
- Initiative-driven with a focus on task completion.
- Flexible attitude in problem-solving.
- Confident interaction with customers and suppliers.
- Strong numeracy skills with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of repair times and parts cost.
- Experience in fleet management or automotive roles dealing with vehicles and suppliers.
- Knowledge of Audatex and Body Shop repair processes.
Location: Coventry | Salary: 26000 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 17/11/2023