CNC Manufacturing Engineer
Company Description: We are a well-established and expanding manufacturing company based in Birmingham. Due to our current projected growth, we are now looking to recruit for the position of Manufacturing Engineer. The successful applicant will be based at our client's production facility in Birmingham city center.
The Role: As CNC Manufacturing Engineer, you will report directly to the Head of Operations and play a pivotal role in enhancing the efficiency of our CNC section. Your primary responsibilities will revolve around supporting programming, implementing process improvements, updating existing procedures, and working collaboratively with the management team to achieve projected enhancements. Your key duties will encompass:
- Identifying and addressing inefficiencies within the CNC department.
- Adhering rigorously to company manufacturing procedures.
- Ensuring strict compliance with specified engineering and quality standards.
- Conducting first-off part inspections (if applicable).
- Maintaining the highest standards of workmanship and product quality.
- Adhering to the company's Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) policies.
- Validating first issue routings for manufactured items.
- Providing support to operators within the section to meet departmental targets.
- Performing offline programming using Solidworks & Solidcam 2.5D.
Essential Requirements: To be successful in this role, you should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Proven experience as a setter-operator with CNC milling/turning machines.
- A strong understanding of CNC milling/turning manufacturing processes.
- Proficiency in interpreting technical drawings and tolerances.
- Ability to comprehend and meet departmental targets.
- Competence in programming Mazatrol programs.
- Capable of understanding and modifying ISO Programmes.
Desired Requirements: Additionally, the following qualifications and experiences are considered advantageous:
- Prior experience as a setter-operator using Mazak machinery.
- Proficiency in work holding design utilizing Solidworks.
- Familiarity with Mazak smooth G and Mazak 560M.
- Experience with programming using Renishaw Set & Inspect.
- Fundamental knowledge of LEAN manufacturing principles.
- Understanding and adherence to 5S standards.
- Knowledge of CNC turning.
- Competitive salary with the opportunity for overtime when required.
Hours of Work:
- Monday – Thursday: 7.30 – 16.00
- Friday: 7.30 – 12.30
- 25 days of holiday, consisting of both floating days and mandatory factory shutdown during the Christmas period.
- All bank holidays are observed.
Start of Employment:
- Immediate start.
We are committed to fostering a dynamic and inclusive work environment. If you meet the essential requirements and are driven to contribute to our company's growth and success, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity as a Manufacturing Engineer.
Location: lower street | Salary: 38000 - 42000 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 16/11/2023