Maintenance Engineer - Steel Production
Company Overview: Join our client, an esteemed leader in steel production and engineering, renowned worldwide for their expertise in crafting and delivering top-tier steel forgings and castings.
Position Summary: We are currently seeking a skilled Maintenance Engineer to play a vital role in our company. In this position, you will be responsible for planned and preventative maintenance, as well as providing support for equipment breakdowns as they arise.
- Equipment Maintenance: Ensure the optimal operation of all machinery and equipment within the Work Rolls Business Unit.
- Inspections and Reporting: Perform preventive and predictive maintenance inspections and promptly address any identified concerns.
- Breakdown Response: Efficiently respond to equipment and facility breakdowns, implementing corrective actions to minimize downtime.
- Project Support: Assist in the implementation of new projects and equipment installations.
- Equipment Upkeep: Evaluate equipment conditions, oversee refurbishment efforts, and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate and timely records, documentation, and reporting.
- Collaboration: Work closely with the Engineering & Maintenance supervisor to ensure the proper planning of maintenance tasks.
- Continuous Improvement: Promote and contribute to a culture of continuous improvement within the department.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Engineering Background: Hold qualifications in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Maintenance.
- Multi-skilled Advantage: A multi-skilled maintenance qualification is advantageous.
- Heavy Engineering Experience: Proven experience in a heavy engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Electrical Expertise: Proficiency in PLC fault-finding, DC Motor controls, and 3-phase electrical equipment.
- Safety Focus: In-depth knowledge of workplace Health and Safety.
- Maintenance Proficiency: Strong foundation in maintenance principles and failure prevention.
- Effective Planning: Ability to plan effectively for both projects and maintenance tasks.
This position involves shift rotations as follows:
- Mornings: Monday - Thursday 6:00 am - 2:30 pm, Friday 6:00 am - 12:00 noon.
- Nights: 8:00 pm - 6:00 am Monday - Thursday.
- Generous Leave: Enjoy 33 days of annual leave, which includes public holidays.
- Convenient Location: Easily accessible location with free onsite parking.
- Cycle to Work: Participate in the Cycle to Work scheme.
- Financial Security: Benefit from the pension scheme and Life Assurance Scheme.
- Employee Support: Access the Employee Assistance Programme.
- Health and Well-being: On-site Occupational Health provision offering Health Screening and well-being advice.
- Healthcare Discounts: Access the discounted Westfield Health Plan Scheme.
- Sick Pay: Benefit from the Occupational Sick Pay Scheme.
- Recognition: Eligible for the Long service award scheme.
- Discounts Portal: Access to online discounts through "You at Work."
- Military Support: Proud participant in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, supporting ex-military and reservists in employment.
If you're a dedicated Maintenance Engineer with a passion for ensuring the reliability and efficiency of equipment in a cutting-edge steel production environment, we encourage you to apply and become part of our dynamic team. Join us in maintaining the high standards of excellence our clients expect.
Location: Sheffield | Salary: 38064 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 17/11/2023