Material Goods IN
Our Client is a well-known and respected name in the Aerospace & Defence Industry offer a range of capabilities, including manufacturing composite components, metallics, sheet metalwork, fabrication, machining and treatments.
We are currently recruiting for an highly experienced Goods In Operator with at least three years of working experience within a manufacturing environment.
The role is integral (Goods In/Out, Stores, Ply Cutting, Inspection)
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Inspection processing - diligently checking Certificates of Conformity against customer specifications and confirming material suitability for use or raising issues where appropriate.
- Material movement transactions - undertake timely, accurate electronic transactions to transfer materials to the relevant locations within the system.
- Maximize material life
- operating FIFO principles
- monitoring remaining life on materials and where appropriate highlighting the need to look to extend material life
- remove expired materials from the system to ensure accurate stocks of available materials
- Issue materials within the ERP system (Epicor) to ensure that full traceability exists and to manage any anomalies with respect to material quantities.
- Select and supply the necessary parts or materials for processing operations at required times and ensure these are correctly recorded with the ERP system.
- Undertake cycle counts to ensure accurate stock levels and where discrepancies occur - investigate as directed and bring forward solutions to avoid further occurrences.
- Support the other members of the store's team in the event of absence
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Can plan and organise workload
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office applications
- Able to complete a high volume of work within tight deadlines.
- Ability to work both within a team but also able to work independently with minimal supervision and their own initiative.
- 4-day week Monday to Thursday 07:15 am to 5:00 pm totalling 37 hours weekly.
- Overtime is available from Friday to Sunday at premium rates of pay.
Location: Darwen | Salary: 22000 - 24500 per | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 05/08/2022