Polishing Machine Operative
Operate a variety of Brass Polishing Sheet and Section machines to produce a consistent high quality finish. Experienced of polishing architectural metalwork highly desirable. Any other appropriate scheduled activity to support the efficient operation of the polishing machines and supporting warehouse e.g. picking, sawing, loading, basic maintenance, or any other duties as directed.
• Operation of the Sheet and Section machines
• Select, inspect and load component material
• Carry out processing of material
• Carry out and record finished goods inspections as specified
• Carry out continuous improvement and total production maintenance activities
• Contribute to the fulfilment of production plans on a daily basis, meeting or exceeding prescribed production rates · Manage work schedule whilst minimising set-up time
• Supporting the warehouse manger in general warehouse operation e,g, picking orders, loading vehicles
• Work with managers and supervisors to implement the companies policies
Skills & Attributes
• Experience of working in similar role or machine background.
• Experience using a 4 way directional/Counterbalance Forklift or willingness to learn how to use one
• Prioritisation skills Desirable requirements.
• Experience in a polishing environment
The role reports to the Warehouse Supervisor and is a new role due to the investment of the Polishing machines. Training will be provided.
• Salary £12.95 per hour
• 11:30am – 20:00pm Monday to Friday
• 38.75 hours per week, 45 min unpaid lunch
• 25 days annual leave
• Cycle to work scheme
• Westfield Health scheme
• Statutory pension
Location: Blackburn | Salary: 12.95 per hour | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 05/08/2022