Buyer (Key Accounts)
Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Hybrid role (2 days on-site, 3 days work from home)
(£28,000 to £30,000 depending on experience)
Our client is the first cabling and connectivity solutions provider focused on the ever-evolving needs of data centers. They are part of the Fujikura family, a company that was a pioneer in optical fiber technology and remains a world leader within the industry today.
They are among the top 3 connectivity suppliers in the world and based on their customer portfolio and market trend reports, it is estimated that approximately one-third of the world’s data runs through their products.
They consider their people essential to the success of the company. They believe in empowering their employees to reach higher, push further, and achieve more. They are looking to hire candidates for a number of exciting roles to help them build a better connected world.
We are looking for an accurate, analytical, and resourceful individual. Someone who is tenacious and results-driven, who works well alone or as part of a team. You will be an exceptional communicator, a conduit between our Sales Team and our Internal or External Suppliers, driving the achievement of our Customers SLAs by releasing orders quickly and accurately to the Supply Chain and monitoring production to ensure JIT is secured.
You will also liaise with the Key Accounts Expeditor to ensure the end-to-end supply chain is robust for each and every order released. You will be a creative thinker considering inventory usage versus new orders being released and work closely to the Key Accounts Team to ascertain future demand.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage each order diligently and provide clear and concise update to the Sales Team
- Track all orders by any effective and efficient means to ensure achievement of OTIF is met collaboratively with the Key Accounts Expeditor
- Develop tools to provide full visibility and transparency of all data related to each specific order, ensuring information is available at all times
- Ensure all Supply Chain related issues are addressed promptly, and the Sales Team, Program Management Team, and Senior Management Team are informed. Ensure a clear action plan for problem resolution is defined, agreed with stakeholders, owners are clearly identified and timescale for completion and/or escalation understood and delivered upon.
- Demand management activities
- Inventory management (including aged inventory and end of life)
- Engage and communicate with the Sales Team on inventory management related topics
- Take the lead on projects as assigned by the Director of Operations (such as inventory process redesign activities)
- Challenge requests for inventory stock holding
- Manage queries and provide support to colleagues within the Purchasing Team
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Purchasing or Supply Chain dealing with Key Customers ideally in a FMCG, fiber optics, or electronics industry
- 2 Years’ experience in Far East purchasing
- Experience in building relationship with Sales Team members
- Experience in supplier relationships
- Understanding of Incoterms (including shipping logistics air and sea)
Location: Knowlhill | Salary: 28000 - 30000 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 15/06/2022