Purchasing Co-ordinator (Key Accounts)
Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Hybrid role (2 days on-site, 3 days work from home)
(£24,000 to £29,000 depending on experience)
Our client is the first cabling and connectivity solutions provider focused on the ever-evolving needs of data centers. They are part of the Fujikura family, a company that was a pioneer in optical fiber technology and remains a world leader within the industry today.
They are among the top 3 connectivity suppliers in the world and based on their customer portfolio and market trend reports, it is estimated that approximately one-third of the world’s data runs through their products.
They consider their people essential to the success of the company. They believe in empowering their employees to reach higher, push further, and achieve more. They are looking to hire candidates for a number of exciting roles to help them build a better connected world.
We are looking for an energized, organized, and resourceful individual. Someone who is resilient and able to work to tight deadlines, working well alone or as part of a team. You will be a great communicator, actively liaising with both our Sales Team in the UK and colleagues and suppliers across the world, managing orders diligently. You will be focusing on the release of Purchase Orders to the Supply Chain in line with our SLAs and be resourceful and creative when considering ways to improve lead times and costs.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Fulfillment of customer orders
- Manage queries and provide support to colleagues within the Purchasing Team
- Communication between Sales Team, Purchasing (globally), and Suppliers
- Determination of best supplier based on price, lead time, and shipping options
- Documentation of communication for easy retrieval and information sharing with other teams
- Maintain and amend Supply Chain information within the ERP system
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a busy Purchasing or Supply Chain department releasing and managing purchase orders
- 2 Years’ experience in Far East purchasing
- Experience in building relationship with Sales Team members
- Experience in supplier relationships
- Understanding of Incoterms (including shipping logistics air and sea)
Location: Knowlhill | Salary: 24000 - 29000 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 15/06/2022