Field Service Engineer
Our Client is a specialist company who supply and maintain all types of air movement equipment.
To undertake routine and reactive mechanical engineering / fitting tasks, providing a first class service to CFM’s customers. Promoting the client brand to be first choice to our customers.
- Undertake Repair’s and Services using reactive/routine mechanical engineering and fitting knowledge ensure best practice techniques are used at all times.
- Troubleshoot errors and/or failures on site, working through possible reasons and problem solving to develop workable solutions to the problem.
- Conducting vibration analysis on rotating machinery while on site, ensuring accurate records are retained and Health and Safety is adhered to at all times.
- Complete condition monitoring on fans, creating accurate reports. Building strong relationships with customers while on site allowing them to have confidence in our service.
- Refurbishment and upgrading of air handling unit systems, troubleshooting any issues and providing detailed reports about work undertaken.
- Always conduct yourself in the safest manner, ensuring you are risk aware and manage H&S when on sites, working safely around rotating equipment is essential.
- Provide a first class service to CFM’s customers, promoting the brand and building strong relationships both internally and externally. Maintain the highest customer services level on every job attended.
- Capture required / specified information, providing accurate and concise reports in a timely manner.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills:
- Mechanical Engineering biased qualification e.g. C&G, ONC, Apprenticeship or equivalent
- Best Practice knowledge of reactive and routine Mechanical Engineering
- Broad knowledge of mechanical plant & buildings services
- Knowledge and experience of working safely with rotating equipment
- Literacy and computer skills to facilitate the provision of well presented, concise and accurate reports
- Experience of using measuring equipment, interpreting the analytical data and then drawing effective conclusions for it.
- Able to manage own time and prioritising work effectively
- Risk aware, with sufficient confidence to be able to recognise and act appropriately upon situations which put them or others at risk
- Methodical approach
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both with internal and external customers
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to present a good impression of the company
- Ability to handle customer relations effectively face to face, over the phone and in writing
- Current full clean driving licence
Specific Training Provided:
- Company Induction
- Health & safety awareness training
- Technical Equipment training
- On The Job guidance
- Report writing overview
- Role specific training – See Skills Matrix
- Confined space training
- CSCS Skill card
- Portable scaffold (Pasma) training
- Mobile platforms (IPAF)
- Any other specific training required for task
Location: | Salary: 25000 - 30000 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 04/05/2022