Purchasing Materials Demand Planner
Due to the continued growth of our client, we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Purchasing Materials/Stock Planner, to join our dynamic, fast-growing FMCG manufacturing business that works with many private label brands in the Personal Care, Pet Care and Household sectors.
The purpose of the role will be to work as an integral part of the Purchasing team to control the day-to-day direct purchasing for the manufacturing business, ensuring all supplier orders are raised and expedited guaranteeing timely delivery to fulfil production needs. The role will include the purchasing of raw materials, components, and packaging. While liaising with the Sales, Production and Warehouse departments to ensure all the business supply needs are met.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar Purchasing role within a manufacturing business and be able to bring with them a skill set to help support the continued growth of the business, the successful individual will need to be a highly motivated self-starter and happy working in a busy, fast-paced office environment. They must possess excellent communication skills, be team orientated, work in a very organised manner, have a flexible attitude to their work, and be motivated to develop and grow with the business. A very good level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel is essential. Experience in using an MRP type system and Sage 200 is preferable
- Calculating and planning purchasing requirements relating to customer orders and manufacturing needs.
- Raising and placement of supplier orders.
- Expediting of supplier orders, ensuring timely delivery.
- Building/maintaining good supplier relations to ensure timely supply of goods.
- The ordering of any free-issue requirements directly with customers, as required.
- Communicating with other internal departments to advise of delivery dates for incoming goods.
- Adding delivery and supply information onto internal systems.
- Updating and maintaining data on the in-house Sage 200 system.
- Attending and participating in regular planning meetings.
- Arranging customs clearances and imports with shipping agents/suppliers as required.
- Dealing with supplier invoice queries.
- Managing quality and supply issues with suppliers as necessary.
- Assisting negotiation with suppliers, ensuring the business is always purchasing at the best prices, service levels and lead-times.
- Occasional sourcing of packaging, components, and raw materials as required.
- Continuous improvement of working practices and processes to ensure the business continues to grow and be a leader in its field.
- General Office tasks as required (answering the phone, greeting visitors)
Location: Buckshaw Village | Salary: 25000 - 30000 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 21/09/2021