Mobile Plant Technician
Our client is seeking a qualified plant technician to help maintain and repair our extensive fleet (Qty 300) of mobile plant & vehicles – including JCBs, Volvo, SveTruck, Kalmar, KoneCranes and 'white fleet' vehicles
The role will involve:
- Servicing and maintaining plant to a high standard within on-site motor workshops
- Diagnosing faults and repair/maintenance of company equipment.
- Keeping service records up to date.
- Fault finding and problem solving using relevant methods and diagnostic equipment is essential.
The right candidate will have:
- Knowledge and experience of working with commercial vehicles, fork trucks, excavators, Reachstaker and mobile cranes, loading shovels.
- Have successfully completed Military technician training.
- A good knowledge and understanding of mechanics and hydraulics (with basic electrics).
- A full driving licence with plant driving experience a distinct advantage.
The roles would specifically suite the wide-ranging skills of ex-REME, RE POM or RAF TG5 GTM personnel who would find the team-spirited environment very familiar to their previous experience - but without the deployments.
This is an excellent place to work with several veterans working within the company, including at CEO & Director level. Accordingly, the technical skills, standards & practices, team working, character and leadership ability of ex-military personnel is well respected. Similarly, veterans will find the 2600-acre site, internal road network, internal power grid, multi-trade environment, camaraderie, operations driven pressure ‘buzz’ and technical challenge very familiar.
A salary of £35,439 pa is offered based on 174 hours per month; achieved over a range of shifts. A large amount of overtime at £16/hour is also available.
Location: Bristol | Salary: 35439 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 03/09/2021