Our Client is is an IT solution provider Head Quartered in the North East supporting businesses across the UK. With 7 offices and 100+ staff we offer clients a genuine 24/7 support service through our own internal service desk, implementation team, software developers and cabling engineers.
To support the continued growth within the Implementation team we are looking for a Project Engineer to work within our growing Implementation team. Working as part of the team you will be responsible for the successful planning, delivery, and documentation of projects to our customers.
You will need to have excellent customer facing skills with the ability to take proposals created by our technical architects and account managers to deliver our solutions based on their specifications.
Key duties and responsibilities
- To deliver highly technical solutions across a wide spectrum of environments
- Work closely with the customer to provide a successful relationship and excellent customer service
- Deliver IT Projects in a timely manner, meeting agreed timescales
- Provide regular, accurate and concise updates to the customer
- Set up and maintain the customer documentation for each client to ensure knowledge is shared across the business
- Take part in the on-call rota
- Provide technical training or assistance to other members of staff as and when required.
- Installation of equipment on customer sites in accordance with Project plan
Knowledge and experience
The successful candidate will need to be knowledgeable across a wide range in technologies including WAN, LAN, Cloud computing, virtual and physical hardware, switches, routers, and SAN technologies. The ability to use these skills to solve problems and to deliver the best possible solutions for clients is essential.
- Microsoft Stack experience include Microsoft 365
- Windows Desktop and Application Support
- Windows Server installation & Configuration (MCSA)
- Virtualisation (VMware and Hyper V)
- Networking – Installation and Troubleshooting
- VOIP Telephony
- Cloud Platforms – Experience with public and private cloud such as AWS and Azure
- Security – Experience with MDM, MFA, Email Filtering, Next Generation firewalls and antivirus solutions.
- An enthusiasm for new technology with an interest in learning about new trends and technology and how they can be applied at a practical level would be advantageous.
- Previous experience working for an MSP would be desirable
- Full driving licence
What we've got to offer
- A competitive salary
- A fantastic and flexible working environment
- 32 days holiday (inc bank holidays) and the ability to purchase up to an additional 10 days per annum
- Life insurance
- Private Health Insurance upon completion of 2 years’ service
- Free breakfast, fruit, nespresso coffee, tea and soft drinks
- Regular social events
- A company phone which can be used for personal use
- A company credit card so you're never left out of pocket
Location: Stockton on Tees ( Wynyard) | Salary: 30000 - 35000 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 13/04/2021