Experienced Branch Manager
Our client has an excellent opportunity for a Branch Manager in North Preston, Approx. 10 minutes from the M6 Junction 32. on a Permanent Contract.
As Branch Manager, you will be required to lead and manage the branch ensuring that it meets and exceeds the targets set in terms of sales, debtors, margin, customer service and stock control. We pride ourselves on providing the highest levels of customer service, product knowledge, and sound advice is our ultimate goal. We aim to support all our customers in all types of projects, big or small so its important you have the same commitment and the leader of our branch.
We have a range of benefits including: Staff discount across all our brands within the Group, Contributory pension scheme, - Access to a discount scheme that we are constantly growing, including discounted Insurance and Travel, Cycle to work scheme, Extended Christmas Break.
Responsibilities of our Branch Manager:
- Work with the internal and external sales team to maximise sales potential for the branch while ensuring margin is maintained
- Hold regular review meetings with the staff to ensure they are performing to targets
- Oversee debt control for the branch and review with Group Credit Controller and Merchanting Director
- To ensure branch stock valuations and classifications are kept within the company’s targeted figures
- Ensure stock rotation and slow-moving stock is dealt with appropriately
- Ensure customer service is at the standards set by the Company and deal with all customer complaints in a professional manner
- Ensure all branch overhead costs are kept within the agreed budget
- Work with Marketing to organise all local marketing campaigns and develop links within the local community which improve the branches profile
- Manage all branch supplier relationships to the benefit of the Branch.
- Liaise with other Branch Managers in the Group to ensure the same high standards of customer service are maintained across all Branches
Our ideal Branch Manager will:
- Be able to think ahead to take advantage of opportunities
- Have experience in implementing strategy designed to grow sales and improve margin
- Have an innovative/creative approach to problem-solving
- Be able to influence and lead others at all levels of the organisation
- Have the ability to grow with key account customers and develop a strong relationship with them
- Be experienced in the management of projects from inception to completion
- Hold a high standard of customer service
- Be experienced in motivating staff to exceed targets
- Have experience of management of stock in line with sales
- Have previous experience of working in different areas of Merchanting
- Hold a full driver’s licence
Location: North Preston | Salary: 40000 - 50000 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 25/02/2021