Duties include but are not restricted to those listed below, the job holder may be asked to carry out other additional tasks within their capability and knowledge.
- Supervision of production personnel
- Efficient planning and organisation of shift workload; ensuring best efficiency standards are maintained
- Work with the Production Operatives and Quality and Warehouse Departments with the aim of achieving Right First Time Quality, In Process Quality Checking.
- To inform the Quality Manger of any quality related issues.
- To drive and improve department efficiencies: Line changeover time improvements and line run speeds.
- To ensure that GMP and H&S standards are meet by the team/ shift.
- Ensure training of operatives takes place in conjunction with the Training Plan / Quality Manager.
- To provide information to the Operations Manager of any issue during the shift: Timely escalation of problems.
- To provide a concise and efficient handover to the oncoming shift Supervisors verbal / written.
- To be a focal point for interdepartmental issues when the Factory Manager is not on site.
- To check dockets, prior to production, to ensure the availability of equipment, components and liquid.
- To ensure that liquid which require heating prior to use are available on time by deciding when heat should be applied.
- To cover all duties of a Production Operative when required.
- To provide clear, regular communication with the Team, Factory Manager, QC Manager and other related departments.
- To maintain Works Order documentation ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Ensure Health & Safety and Good Manufacturing Practice standards are maintained at all times.
- To ensure housekeeping and hygiene standards are maintained at all times.
- To have input into risk assessments within the department and follow up any changes required.
- To have input into production related customer complaint investigations. To help identify/implement robust preventative and corrective actions.
- To have input into department improvements in conjunction with the Factory Manager.
- To check all process paperwork daily to ensure that everything has been completed and is legible
- To ensure that everything is ready for the next product production run by liaising with warehouse supervisor and mixing controller