Customer Service Manager
To lead the Planning and Administration team to ensure optimum production output, contributing to high levels of customer service and to achieve overall branch objectives. The role holder will be responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to build effective relationships with internal and external customers
- Previous experience of managing or supervising a team (preferred)
- Strong planning, organising and prioritising skills
- Competent decision making skills
- Microsoft Office experience essential (including minimum Intermediate level Excel)
- The ability to respond quickly and effectively to situations
- Effective problem solving skills
- Previous experience of planning and logistics within a production environment
- A sound knowledge of the whole production process
- A positive and flexible attitude
- Knowledge of the MiTek software system would be advantageous
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Leading, managing and coaching team members to deliver high levels of performance
- Working closely with the Production and Design team to ensure customers’ needs are met and dates are accurately scheduled
- Continuously looking for ways to improve planning and scheduling efficiency and the service we offer to our customers
- Optimising the use of the transport fleet in the most effective way including back-loads and timber collections.
- Communicating effectively with customers to ensure they are kept up to date
- Liaising with all key stakeholders to communicate any changes to the plan
- Resolving all queries and complaints promptly and effectively
- Ensuring future deliveries are on the production schedule within agreed timescales.
- Ensuring all elements of the stock system are adhered to daily including the negative stock reports, order receipting and inputting onto the system and the control of PODs etc.
Location: Chorley | Salary: 30000 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 20/05/2022