The Purchasing Manager will have the responsibility for maximising purchasing leverage and providing the most efficient and effective supply base to meet services, equipment and materials with regards to cost, technical requirements and quality to satisfy the project budget and schedule.
- Proactively manage vendor selection and manage performance
- Build and develop mutually beneficial relationships with your key suppliers to identify opportunities and ideas
- Responsible for drafting/coordinating/compiling Materials Management and Contracts Management strategies
- Responsible for ensuring that all purchasing processes and procedures are followed and adhered to.
- Will be involved in Contracting, Purchasing, Expediting, Vendor Quality, Logistics and Site Materials.
- Understands and manages the purchasing team and project strategies in order to provide the best outcomes in terms of scope, cost and time.
- Acts as primary communication resource within the projects regarding purchasing.
- Foresees potential problems, and pro-actively implements corrective measures to resolve the issues or mitigates the impact thereof
- Provides reporting and updates to the client, engineers, and management.
- Interpret business requirements from MRP based reports, obtain competitive quotations from suppliers where possible and place orders for the required quantities at the required dates.
- Ensure the MRP is kept up to date with all relevant information, bookings, lead times, cost codes,
- Ensure stock levels are reduced were possible or maintained in line with business strategy and agreed targets
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree or equivalent qualification.
- Experience with drafting of commercial terms and conditions
- Proficient negotiation skills
- Experience and understanding of contracting and purchasing strategies
- Project management knowledge with proven managerial skills
- Experience in dispute resolution techniques and their applications
- Experience in using, developing and implementing procurement reporting tools.
- Experience from within a fast moving paced Manufacturing background.
Location: Blackburn | Salary: 37000 - 42000 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 04/05/2022