Field Service Maintenance Engineer - Ex Military Welcomed
Exciting Opportunity for Field Service Maintenance Engineer, including ex-military candidates.
Our client is actively seeking an experienced and highly motivated maintenance engineer to join the Field Service Support team, responsible for maintaining our hire fleet of mini cranes, glass lifting equipment, and glazing robots.
We especially welcome applications from candidates with a military background.
Ideal candidates should be multi-skilled, with a mechanical/electrical bias, demonstrating a can-do attitude and comfort in customer-facing roles.
The Field Service Maintenance Engineer will play a crucial role in inspecting, testing, and repairing electrical and mechanical machinery within our market-leading range of hire fleet. Each day will bring unique challenges, and we provide extensive training on our diverse equipment. If you're eager to be part of our dynamic engineering team, this opportunity is for you!
About Our Client
Our client is Europe’s leading supplier of vacuum handling equipment, restricted access lifting machinery, and mini cranes, serving the construction, rail, and utility sectors, among others. As a family-owned business, they are dedicated to providing excellent service and maintaining a can-do attitude for their extensive customer portfolio across the UK and Europe.
- Diagnose and rectify faults, identifying required parts for suitable repairs, and visiting sites when necessary.
- Inspect, test, and certify the safety of all electrical/mechanical plant in the fleet.
- Install and commission new machinery and equipment according to responsibilities and manufacturer’s specifications, complying with current legislation.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment, ensuring tidy workplaces after completing tasks.
- Maintain a ready-to-use store of spare parts in the service vehicle, notifying the Head of Department of required parts.
- Attend training courses and meetings to stay updated on company activities and comply with statutory legislation.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory regulations and guidelines relevant to job performance and delivery.
- Maintain records for health and safety and customer service purposes.
- Uphold and improve health and safety in the workplace.
- Perform other workshop duties as necessary.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Field service engineer experience preferred but not essential.
- Willingness to travel across the south of the UK to address customer issues on-site.
- Strong mechanical and electrical engineering experience.
- Possession of a recognized engineering qualification.
- Understanding of AC/DC motors and generators basics.
- Experience using telematics for diagnostics.
- Competency in handling electric portable tools, wiring, and distribution systems.
- Ability to fault-find on controls and equipment.
- Knowledge of basic petrol and diesel engines/generators, pumps, hydraulics, and servicing small and large machines.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting engineering diagrams and charts.
- Understanding of health and safety requirements.
- Excellent communication and administrative skills.
- Strong problem-solving ability with high attention to detail.
- Working hours: Monday - Friday, 8.30 am - 5.30 pm.
- Salary range: £35-40k (£45 – £50k OTE).
- 24 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays.
- Optional Healthcare scheme.
- 4%/4% Employer/Employee Contribution Pension Scheme.
Location: Haddenham | Salary: 35000 - 40000 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 20/11/2023